<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Loser's Guide Loser's Guide

 Loser's Guide to Life

Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Stuff 

In the place where I work we hear about new things all the time. Why, just the other day I heard about a new substance being produced in Research Lab Zero which will probably get treated in Time: The Weekly Magazine any year now.

It is an intriguing compromise of resins and ceramics with a nice polysaccharide finish.

“So no doubt it will be lighter and stronger than anything in use now?”

“... lighter, well, maybe. Sure, you could make it a bit lighter. That's not a bad idea, actually.”

“Well, but it's stronger, then, right? Like way stronger than something comparable?”

“Good Lord, I've no idea. I daresay it's about as strong as anything out there. If that's important. I mean the thing is, it's a brand new substance that's, you know, as good as anything that we already have.”

“Oh, okay then. So I guess it's fire-resistant, somewhat, at least, or ...”

“Ha ha, that's a good one! How d'you think I lost all these fingers?” [FX: muted trumpet “laughter”].



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Watching TV is a good way to tear yourself away from the computer.