<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Loser's Guide Loser's Guide

 Loser's Guide to Life

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Coming Attractions 

Here's a movie I'm not even thinking of seeing. It's a good thing that CNN has given me a heads-up because now I can consciously avoid seeing it, in a sort of proactive way. If you scroll down a bit—

And "Marie Antoinette," the new film from Sofia Coppola ("Lost in Translation"), stars Kirsten Dunst as the ill-fated French queen. The film takes some liberties with Antoinette's story -- using modern music and contemporary-sounding dialogue, for example -- but manages to evoke the feeling of a woman at sea in an unfamiliar world.

When I think of Marie Antoinette I immediately think of someone alone and afraid in a world they never made, teen angst, all that. I think of bored rich people annoyed at finding themselves in a hotel in Japan, which turns out to be chock full of inscrutable little Japanese people. Fans will recall that Kirsten Dunst starred and was totally vacuous in Deeply, perhaps the worst movie ever made in Atlantic Canada, which is saying a lot.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Watching TV is a good way to tear yourself away from the computer.