<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Loser's Guide Loser's Guide

 Loser's Guide to Life

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Colonel Rad 

I can never keep it straight: Conradel, Conardel, it's “Conelrad”, the civil defence system in the US during the Cold War.

If you look at the Wiki entry, the bit about Conelrad in culture relates that Bill Cosby has a bit about falling asleep in front of the TV, etc. But Woody Allen also mentions it in the bit about divorce:

And I got very excited, and I ran into my wife, she was in the next room at the time, listening to Conelrad on the radio, y'know. I laid it right on the line with her, I came right to the point, I said “Quasimodo, I want a divorce”.
Woody Allen: Standup Comic. 1964-1968.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Watching TV is a good way to tear yourself away from the computer.