<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Loser's Guide Loser's Guide

 Loser's Guide to Life

Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Meme 

I have been tagged by Multimedium with a task:


1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog

There's nothing “random” about me, it's all part of a—oh, well:
1. I was born in Gimli, Manitoba (Canada), but not at Gimli Hospital. So I don't know any of the tales.
2. When I was a teenager, I discovered a number of sealed, yet empty, round tins on the beach near Musquodoboit Harbour. They were labeled in Russian and Latvian and seemed to be intended to contain sprats. I took this as a sign to study foreign languages at university.
3. I once saw Pierre Trudeau in the window of an upper floor of the Conference Centre in Ottawa (formerly the train station). His face was salmon-coloured, probably from being on TV a lot.
4. I once saw Robert MacNeil (of the MacNeil-Lehrer Report) in a bar beneath the Lord Nelson Hotel. He was sitting with two others in a booth at the back that happened to be raised a few inches from the floor and rather prominently lit, so you could see them quite well. I thought it would make a good news venue.
5. I'm not a U.S. citizen, but I did pledge allegiance to their flag about five hundred times. No idea what I was promising to do.
6. I had a cell phone for a while, but found it to be too much fuss. You can still get a pretty good phone call for twenty-five cents—and plus, you're stickin' it to the man.
7. A photograph of me has appeared in The North Bay Nugget.
8. I can never understand the lyrics to any song. I find the music just a bit distracting. “Listen to the words, man.” What? It's all walrus gumboot to me.

List of further taggees:
An tImeall
Gàidhlig
Will Type for Food
Audient Void

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Watching TV is a good way to tear yourself away from the computer.