<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Loser's Guide Loser's Guide

 Loser's Guide to Life

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Cinema 

Something you (perhaps) ask yourself when considering a character in fiction:

How real is he?

How consistent?

How definite?

I was watching The Score (2001) and thought: the Edward Norton character doesn't make sense. He's trying to infiltrate an institution in order to gather intelligence for a heist, so why does he make out to be a mentally retarded adult? It makes him conspicuous. Co-workers would always look out for him. People on the bus would remember him. It would be harder to sneak away and hide out afterwards. Much better to act like a dull, unsociable guy who's always reading Tom Clancy novels. I think what happened is Edward Norton just wanted to show what he could do.

Or maybe not. Sometimes I ask myself about people I know: Real? Consistent? Definite?

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Watching TV is a good way to tear yourself away from the computer.